Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Met Ball Best Dressed

The Met Ball or Costume Institute Gala, nicknamed "Oscars of the East Coast", is one of my favorite events to ogle celebrities at who normally take daring fashion risks and beautiful gowns. The ball celebrates the annual opening of the Metropolitan Museum's fashion exhibit and the stars flock; dressed to impress! Here are my picks for best dressed... Worst dressed and just plain weird! Enjoy! :)
BEST DRESSED
My #1 pick of the night! Katharine McPhee in this sparking orange stunner. I love the color which is so hot this season, sparkles and cut. Almost reminds me of my grad dress but mine was navy blue ;). LOVE!
How beautiful is this dress on Camilla Belle?! The dark lips were a huge trend this year and I think she totally rocked them.
I find Scarlett Johansson super sexy in this mermaid Dolce & Gabbana number that hugs all the right places and shows just the right amount of cleavage.
I'm always a fan of Cameron Diaz and Monday night was no exception.
Gisele Bundchen is another hottie who doesn't often make a fashion misstep. Love the dramatic slit and beading on this Givenchy Haute Couture.
Jessica Alba has great fashion sense and the golden goddess rocked this draped lame Michael Kors gown. Love the wavy hair and dark lips.
Plunging necklines were abundant and this Diane von Furstenberg gown is a show stopper on Lea Michele from Glee. I like the tassel necklace and hair.
I can't decide if I love or hate this look on January Jones so I've decided I like it.. It's sunny... It's hot and this Versace gown is memorable. I like the shape and peplum at the bottom of the bodice which was also a big trend.
I like this pine-green gown on Dianna Agron because I think it would be fun to wear and I would love to don this myself! The jewel tone is great and I love the bow belt and overlapping skirt.
Renee Zellweger in Emilio Pucci with a sheer back and organza train. Dramatic and sexy at the same time. I think the chandelier earrings are a great match
Now THAT is a train... Nina Dobrev is dramatic in sexy in her gold and black Donna Karan Atelier gown
Amber Heard in Zac Posen. Fits like a glove!
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
BLECH.. What the hell Beyonce?! I'm not a fan of the sheer skirt to begin with and then purple and black feathers? and beading? Sequins? Lace? Too much going on.
I dislike it even more from the back with the butt cheeks showing.
Jessica Chastain... The bodice isn't that bad I suppose maybe if it had a flowing black skirt? But the first bump almost makes it look like she has rolls ?? Pretty lady but not a fan of the dress.
Chloe Sevigny being her usual quirky self... Reflective discs and clogs...

I am a huge fan of Florence Welch's music... but not her fashion sense unfortunately. Her quirky patterned jumpsuits, pajama wear and... this... are something to be desired.
Carey Mulligan in Prada... I LOVE sequins but... this is a bit much for me although it does look quite mod with her swirl hair. What do you think?!
EEK... my eyes hurt. Talk about taking print mixing to a whole new level.. and the cape?! Not a fan of this look on Hunger Games star Elizabeth Banks.
BLECH... Hate this look head to toe.... ???
Boringggggg Jessica Biel.. You have Justin Timberlake on your arm. Are you going to a tea party or the Met Gala? Did she even do her hair? ZZZZZZ
Barbie vs. curtains on Leslie Bibb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message! I love hearing what you have to say! :D