Monday, May 14, 2012

Recent Purchases- new and old!

Have you ever been to the Value Village in Shawnessy? Wowza- we went in there this past week to look for bright clothing for an 80's weekend coming up but we ended up finding a TON of nice stuff! I cannot get over how clean and organized this SE location is and instead of finding a bunch of gag clothing I found some great pieces! The store itself is so unbelievably clean, organized and all of the clothing has been washed and pressed. I was beyond impressed and now I understand why James has been finding tons of pieces from this location. There is even a crystal section and we found a serving platter that matched James' family set and picked that up too. What a great find! I seem to have been accumulating stuff in the past week here and there. All I have been craving is SHOPPING which is bad because I should be saving for New York.. I am putting myself on a spending FREEZE but take a peek at some of my recent finds:
How beautiful is this solid glass bowl? I found this at Value Village for $9.99!!! You would not believe how heavy this is- solid glass and the material alone is worth way more than they had it priced at. A bunch of ladies picked this up and then put it back down... I picked it up expecting it to be around $50 but scored it for $10!!! Hello new fruit bowl ;)
I've shown a few friends this piece and they cannot believe the craftsmanship for the price... WOO HOO! As mentioned- super heavy! A few nicks on the bottom which I will file off or even put a velvet circle on the bottom.
Also from VV - $3 necklace and bright yellow dress for $6. Fits like a charm!
I have dubbed this my Michael Jackson shirt.. It has small shoulder pads and sequins in gold, silver, black and blue. Love it! ... and it was only $6.99 from Value Village and is super long so it could act as a tunic with tights too :)
Close up of the sequins and shoulder pads.
I found this neon green messenger bag at Winners on sale for $23.99! LOVE! I think it will work great for New York and is a great neon splash for the season :)
Who needs a man?! Chocolate & perfume for ME!
Been searching for nice lounge chairs forever! Superstore $99/each
 These are the cheapest I have found at $99/each as they are normally around $150 each. I am happy they came with cute little accent pillows too! We loveee our backyard and spend a ton of time out here. Since our yard is south facing it gets so darn hot out (three exploded thermometers and many scorched plants later...) and these loungers will be perfect for tanning and spending days curled up with a good book.
New froggie dude in his spot!!! He makes me happyyyy.
It was the Auburn Bay garage sale parade this past weekend and I managed to pop into a few Saturday morning. I scored this vintage Tupperware cake dome for only $8!!! (Reg around $60)... It has a second tier inside if you wish and a handle for carrying. My mom has one that she literally uses every Sunday for family dinner :)
Scored these guys for $2 each from the same one. You can never have enough Tupperware it seems.. Not to mention it's lifetime warranty.
I swear that I own a large portion of the Lia Sophia catalog... Another party.. Another purchase for the Andies! These matte gold bangles are regularly $98 but there was a special so I got them for $50. Can't wait to get them.

1 comment:

Thank you for your message! I love hearing what you have to say! :D