Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shopping in NYC!

Here is a sneak peek of some of the things I got in New York and just some all-around photos of shopping in this amazing city. We had such a great trip.. I really could have shopped a lot MORE but with the limited time and some of the things we had planned we did as much as we could. As per usual I could have spent all day gazing through aisles of clothing in boutiques and sipping champagne on Madison Avenue. The vintage and consignment stores were so incredibly high end and abundant! There were security guards at the front and the items themselves looked brand new. Such a great place to find vintage, unique pieces. I have to go back. SOON! I will post my other purchases soon too :)
Shopping in Montreal airport... Loved this bracelet immediately...
AND it's reversible!!! Two bracelets in one! Only $29!
The clasp is a really strong magnet. Never seen a bracelet like this
Awe struck in Times Square
Shiny shoes in Times Square
We hit up macy's and Bloomingdales. Next time will be Sak's!
This skinny building is the first macy's ever. Wow!
Looks to me like it puked GIRL all up in here. They gave you pink velvet lined boxes to put your selections into while you shopped. How fun! This was in Greenwich Village.
Funky neon platforms
I adored the window displays everywhere. I guess they are really fancy during Christmas as well.
My aunt with her beautiful new Coach bag! Great color :)
Funky window display in Soho.
There were so many great bags at Kate Spade I was tempted by....
Shiny things! I wanted the necklace closest to this caption with lots of diamonds and neon accents. It GLISTENED!
Each year Kate Spade comes out with a new "animal" wicker bag. Last year was an elephant and this year- an armadillo! I am kind of kicking myself for not splurging... I mean, how unique is this?! There is one at Holt right now... $350.. Same price as in the States hmmmm. It would be a conversation piece! There is a funky fabric inside him too and he opens like a picnic basket.
This vintage boutique was incredible in Soho. An eccentric owner was leading customers around. There was an appointment book so they could book an exlusive appointment just for you and of course a stocked liquor cabinet for refreshments while you shopped. Most boutiques have their pieces organized by color which looks fantastic. Big Bird coat anyone?
I found a ton of great stuff in here for CHEAP!
Happy with our purchases en route to China Town
The infamous Canal Street in China Town. Great knock offs & cheap perfume
Neat Anthropologie window display in Chelsea Market
Diane von Furstenburg's store, design studio & home in the Meat Packing District
Audio sets ready to rock at the Guggenheim museum. Beautiful place!
I got these super cute cream and sugar bowls from the Guggenheim that resemble the shape of the building itself. I thought they would be a great keepsake and they match our dishes exactly. Only $20 for both too!
Street vendors in Central Park during our carriage ride
Carriage ride thru Central Park... $50 for 15 minutes PFFT.
More beautiful fashion eye candy
Park Avenue. Great shopping street in the Upper East Side.
Found a great straw hat I will post soon at Juicy... Lots of fun!
My aunt wearing her beautiful new Tory Burch loafers.

4 comments:

  1. Armadillo bag on sale online $147 right now!

    http://www.katespade.com/armadillo-handbag/PXRU3540,default,pd.html?dwvar_PXRU3540_color=102&start=42&cgid=sale-on-sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGG THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you had an awesome trip to NYC. Great place, lots of action, great food and great shopping. I like your Aunts Tory Burch loafers. I bought the same ones in bleach coloured tumbled leather. Love them. I live in Calgary too so I know the only place you can get any Tory Burch stuff is at Holt Renfrew. I got mine in Scottdale Arizona at the TB boutique. These are mine http://www.flickr.com/photos/39715038@N00/6942009556/in/photostream/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39715038@N00/6942009704/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps you might have to cut and paste the flickr picture links

      Delete

Thank you for your message! I love hearing what you have to say! :D